If you are activating a Prepaid Account provided by your school or company, or purchasing a New Account, go to the SCM Globe home page shown below (www.scmglobe.com) and click on the blue “Register” button (1).
Clicking on the blue “Register” button (arrow 1) brings you to the registration screen shown below.
Type in your first and last name (arrow 1). Depending on whether you are activating a prepaid account or purchasing a new account take one of these actions:
- For a prepaid account, type in the email address provided to you for your account (it may be an email address you already use – arrow 2). This identifies you as a prepaid account. Check with your instructor or account administrator if you have questions about what email address to use.
- To purchase a new account, type in your email address (arrow 2).
- For both prepaid accounts and purchasing new accounts, make up and enter a password to use with your account (arrow 3).
Then type in the number or text that you see in the CAPTCHA box, and click the blue “Sign up” button (arrow 4).
- If you have a prepaid account, you will go directly to your account screen shown below.
- If you are purchasing a new account, you will go to the payment screen. Click on the yellow “Buy Now ” button for the Student Edition or the Business Edition. That will take you to the PayPal screen where you use a credit card or PayPal account to make your purchase (see prices in SCM Globe Pricing). When your payment is processed, you come to your account screen shown below.
- Student accounts are for 90 days from the date of purchase, but if your semester is a few weeks longer, then send an email to: email@example.com. State your name, the email address you used to register, your school, and your semester end date. We can extend your account to cover your entire semester.
- An instructor may request extended access if a student has an Incomplete for the course. The student must discuss their need with their instructor who will make the extension request if it is approved by the instructor.
Your account screen is where you manage your supply chain models and your account.
Once you activate a prepaid account or purchase a new account, you logon to SCM Globe in the future by going to the SCM Globe home page (www.scmglobe.com) and entering your email and password on the home page.
NOTE: If your school or company provided you with a prepaid account earlier that has since expired, and if you are using the same email address again for a prepaid account, then you do not have to register again. Just enter your email address and password to login from the home page.
[ If SCM Globe gave you a Demo Account, then login by entering your email and demo password on the home page shown below, and you will come to your account screen. Click on the “Help” button in the upper right corner of the account screen and scan material in “Getting Started“. ]
From your account screen you can perform the functions listed below:
- Load case studies from the library by clicking on the “View Library” button in the upper right corner of the screen (arrow 1).
- Click “Help” button to open new tab with online guide (arrow 1).
- Create a new supply chain from scratch by clicking on the “Create a New Supply Chain” button (arrow 2).
- Upload a supply chain model sent to you by another SCM Globe User by clicking on the “Upload Save File” button (arrow 3).
- See when your account expires and purchase more time as needed (see note above for free extension of student accounts). Before your account expires click on the purple “Purchase More Time” button on the right side of the screen (arrow 4). This will take you to the payment screen.
Now take 15 to 30 minutes to watch three short videos and scan four tutorials, then you will be ready to start using SCM Globe — see “Getting Started“.
AVOID CONFUSION AND PROBLEMS — take a minute to read through the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Copyright © 2015 by SCM Globe Corp.