To activate a Prepaid Account, or a Demo Account, or purchase a New Account, go to the SCM Globe home page shown below (www.scmglobe.com) and click on the blue “Register” button (red arrow).
[ Note: If you had an account on SCM Globe within the last 12 months, and are re-activating it using the same email address again, no need to re-register — just use that email and your password on the home page. If you forgot your password, click on the “Forgot password?” link under the “Login” button.]
Click on the blue “Register” button and see the registration screen shown below.
Type in your first and last name (arrow 1).
Type in the email address for your account (arrow 2).
[ If your account is prepaid be sure to use the email address connected to your prepaid account.]
Make up and enter a password to use with your account (arrow 3).
Click in the CAPTCHA box to indicate you are not a robot, and click the “Sign up” button (arrow 4).
- If you activate a prepaid or demo account, you will go directly to your Account Management screen as shown below. Be sure to use the email address registered for this prepaid or demo account.
- If you are purchasing a new account, you will go to the payment screen. Click on the yellow “Buy Now ” button for the Student Edition or the Business Edition. That will take you to the PayPal screen where you use a credit card or PayPal account to make your purchase (see prices in SCM Globe Pricing). When your payment is processed, you come to your Account Management screen as shown below.
- Student accounts are for 90 days from date of purchase, but if your semester is a few weeks longer, then send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. State your name, the email address you used to register, your school, and your semester end date. We can extend your account to cover your entire semester.
- An instructor may request extended access if a student has an Incomplete for the course. The student must discuss their need with their instructor who will make the extension request if it is approved by the instructor.
- If you get the error message “Email has already been taken”
This error message means you are using an email address you used to activate an account on SCM Globe in the last 12 months. In that case, you do not have to re-register. Just logon at the SCM Globe home page by typing in your email address and your old password.
- If you forgot your password, then click on the “Forgot password?” link under the Login button to reset your password. The screen below will appear. Type in your email address, and within one minute you will get an email from “email@example.com” with a link and instructions to reset your password. Check your email Spam folder if you do not see the email in your Inbox.
After you register and activate or purchase your account, log in from the home page (www.scmglobe.com) — enter your email and password and click “Login”.
Account Management is where you start whenever you login. It’s where you manage your different supply chain models and your account.
From your account screen you can perform these functions:
- Load case studies (arrow 1) from the library by clicking on the “View Library” button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Open this Online User Guide by clicking “Help” button (arrow 1), new browser tab opens with easy to find answers for your questions.
- Create a new supply chain (arrow 2) from scratch by clicking on the “Create a New Supply Chain” button.
- Upload a supply chain model (arrow 3) sent to you by another SCM Globe User by clicking on the “Upload Save File” button.
- See when your account expires (arrow 4) and purchase more time as needed. Click on the purple “Purchase More Time” button on the right side of the screen.
- IF YOU ARE A STUDENT, subscriptions default to 90 days – look at your account expiration date and tell us if you need to extend your subscription by a few extra weeks to cover your whole semester. Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org – tell us your name, your school, the email address you used to register, and the end date for your semester. We can extend your subscription to cover your whole semester!
- Red arrow points to “Account Expires On:” see expiration date of your account.
NOW TAKE 15 – 30 MINUTES to scan three short videos and tutorials — see GETTING STARTED
*** AVOID PROBLEMS and CONFUSION — read the seven Frequently Asked Questions — FAQs!
Copyright © 2018 by SCM Globe Corp.